I'm doing very well thank you Randy. I've had a busy summer trying to keep up with a growing number of questions about BSF on my blog, the BioPod forum and emails. Interest in this technology is increasing steadily.

A very nice article about BSF was written by Harvey Ussery for Backyard Poultry magazine. Harvey is a regular contributor to BYP and also to Mother Earth News. BYP prints 90K magazines for each bimonthly issue and now Harvey has given me permission to publish the article on my blog. You can read it HERE. Harvey has worked with blowfly larvae as a free source of chicken feed but has abandoned that pest species for BSF. He plans on testing BSF and writing several more articles about them. I'm happy that Harvey is using me a source of information and I look forward to sharing ideas with him in the future.

I have an idea you might want to try for separating the BSF from your compost. I'm picturing a bucket full of the compost with a plastic garbage bag (black) inverted and covering the entire bucket. This would set on your dock, maybe on a board so the deck doesn't get too dirty. The bag would serve two purposes; it would hold in heat so the grubs would become more active and it would hold in moisture which would create condensation on the wall of the bucket and inside the bag. The condensation would allow the larvae to climb the vertical walls. If the compost gets warm enough in the daytime it might encourage juvenile larvae to crawl away, and at night the mature larvae will migrate out. Just something to think about. It can be a challenge to convince BSF to leave the compost, unless of course you don't want them to. \:\)