OK i home now so I have a better and more reliable connection.

Monday afternoon I pulled into my buddies farm in Adams County about 1:30 to hunt with him and another friend for a couple of days. I had been hunting my farm in Schuyler county and had just come for another firends farm in Greene county trying to find some deer movement. I went out to a stand on the east side of the property (north wind calm to 5) and hunted a stand on a creek bottom. This stand is good to hunt on an west, north, or east wind and faces north. We just moved this stand in this area this July. About 4 O'clock I saw rapid movement and heard a lot of noise of 2 does running full out about 80 yards to my north. I stood up, grabbed my bow and stared at the creek bottom waiting for the buck that was pushing them. It took forever (mostly likely 30 to 60 seconds) and he appeared in the creek bottom and moved to the edge where I could not see him. At first he didn't look that big but I decided to go ahead and give him a couple of doe bleats, nothing so I runted a couple of times and he finally came up out of the creek bottom. He was kind of funny here, in trying to get out of the creek bottom he fell flat on his face. What was funny is the way he got up, shuck himself off, and looked around to see if anyone saw him. After this he came straight down the trail that passes the stand at 15 yards. He didn't stop along the way but once at 50 yards. This is where I decided he was a shooter. When he passed behind a tree at 35 yards I drew on he. He just kept coming at a slow pace, so at 15 yards I let the arrow fly, right through the heart. He ran 50 yards, stopped and fell to the ground done. It was then that I started to shake and get excited. The one bitter sweet thing about this is I cannot shot another buck in IL for this year. The rule here is 2 bucks a year by all means regardless the number of tags you have. So looks like I get to hang out in camp and not hunt the rest of the year. Oh well I don't have to worry about getting up early or being cold in the stand either.

Last edited by lassig; 11/11/09 10:07 PM.