I still have fish since there were a lot of rises when I threw the food on the water at sunup. I will forget about the heron for now since I am busy preparing for another event that was the other reason for building my pond.

I fly radio controlled electric powered model airplanes and a number of the events I fly at are indoors in basketball courts and buildings where we don’t have to worry about whether the sun is up, if it is raining, or if it is howling windy outside. A few years ago, a friend of mine put together an event for flying model floatplanes at an indoor swimming pool. We learned that floatplanes have their own special requirements for successful flight and that the four hours of the event was something too rare to be spent on testing.

The nearest pond was miles away and I had always wanted a pond for fishing anyway so that gave me one more reason for having a pond in my back yard.

The event is the Lockheed Martin Aeromodelers Indoor Float Fly at the Keller Natatorium in Keller, Texas, on the northeast side of Fort Worth. It will happen tomorrow April 8, 2006 from 4:30 to 9:30. All the details are at this link:
Lockheed Martin Aeromodelers Indoor Float Fly

There are a bunch of pictures and links to our past events here. Come have a look at another way to have fun with your pond. I will be the guy in the yellow kayak doing rescue boat duty for less than perfect water landings.

See you there.

Richard