Originally Posted By: eddie_walker
Very impressive. You're framing skills are excellent. Some of those cuts are pretty complicated, and it looks like you got them in perfectly.
Thanks Eddie. You might hire me for the craftsmanship, but I would be out of a job by the end of the day when you discovered how slowly and methodically I work. My wife's (Dski's) favorite line is "C'mon and cut the damn thing....you're not building furniture here!"

Are you going to put soffits in? I wont matter on the side, bump out that you have, but I'm curious how you will vent the attic. The small overhang at each shed dormer is 6" x 36' long. It will be 100% vented. We will also use a continuous ridge vent at the peak. I am hoping this will be sufficient, but also anticipate that we may have to add an attic fan at the gable peak. I am also still seriously considering foam insulation at the roof. It's going to be fun on the ladder doing it, or will you rent a lift? I'm a ladder guy, but made a minor upgrade for this project. I already had a pair of 24' extension ladders, so I added a pair of ladder jacks and an aluminum scaffold plank. Yep, it's still gonna be fun.
I'm also wondering how you will get the decking up ther on the roof. I pretty much avoid doing two story work like that, but have a few times and hate it. If you have to do it by hand, it's a royal pain. We will use a variation of the pic below. Crazy? Yep! Does it work? Yep!

Are you installing the shingls yourself? Again, getting those bundles up there is the hard part. If you are doing it yourself, pay the extra to have them deliverd to the roof top. Cheap money when you have to haul them up on a ladder!!! Agreed and a very good point. It is a moot point, though, since this is going to be a snap-lock standing seam metal roof. Eddie

-