I thought I'd add an update here a few months after my initial stockings. To recap, I put 200 BG, 50 RES, and 2000 fat head minnows in the pond in late March. A couple weeks later I went ahead and put in 100 CC, making a mental promise to all you guys to fish the heck out of them over the next couple years and keep us loaded up on fresh catfish during Lent.

I spent some time looking things over this past weekend and throwing in some food in a few spots. The minnows have reproduced to what looks like a billion of the little guys. My bluegill were coming up to the food and they appeared to be growing nicely, 3-5" if I had to guess (started at 1-3"). I saw a couple CC come up, but couldn't really tell any growth from their initial 6-8".

I've seen the local fish guy advertising lately, and he does have his 1-3" LMB available now for $.60. I'm itching to throw some in so they can start fattening up on all those minnows. What do you guys think? Am I on the right track? How many LMB should I plan on putting in? Or should I hold off until next year? Any ideas on numbers?

Thanks for all your help guys, I had a blast this weekend seeing all those new fish out there, and am chomping at the bit for something to get big enough to catch!

shawn