DavidV:

I've got a couple here that I could send down to you to use, but you'll need to buy a setting tool to compress the springs. Or, look below at the link on where to get them (the traps & tool). If you have beaver now, you might want to purchase a few (maybe even 3 or 4) because more beaver will find your place once these are gone. It's hard to play musical runs when you only have one or 2 traps and there are more places to set them, just ask Cecil. ;\)

DON'T set them on dry land. They will kill anything that tries to go thru them, no if's ands, or buts, even deer. My largest beaver that I trapped weighed in @ 70 Lb., and he was going slow, so the trap caught him right behind the head. Other than springing, the trap never moved, and neither did he. I prefer the #330 or #330-2 Onedia Victor Conibear for beaver. I set them in the underwater run as they leave the den and stabilize them with a couple pieces of #4 rebar or dead sticks. If their run is smaller than the trap is wide (10"), I'll switch size down to a #280. Be VERY, VERY careful setting and placing them, and don't forget to take off the safety catch, making sure that it doesn't catch once is starts to snap. If you educate the beaver, it will be a real bear to trap them.

I'll use a tool that I made to place them after the safety catch is off. (a hook on the end of a shovel handle) I'm leery of them, but have never had one go off on me. I did have my fingers pinched pretty good in a #110 (it hurt worse because they were cold), and I learned my lesson. Make sure that you get them wired to something solid as well, I've caught beaver across their hind quarters, and while they died, they sure tried to take the trap with them as they fought it. I can't imagine how fast they must have been going when they sprung the trap.
How to set a #330-2 Conibear Trap

Trapping Supplies (including traps)

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).