Well the big day came and went, sort of. Clint with Overton Fisheries arrived after noon to stock the forage base for my new pond. I had no idea that stocking forage in a pond would be such an adventure.

CNBG - 2700
RES - 800
Large (3"+)CNBG - 200
FHM - 35#'s

All the fish were alive and in good condition.

As a bonus, I got to pick Clint's brain for 6 hrs on fish and ponds and fertilization trucks and snakes and other topics.

The trip from Buffalo, TX is 135 miles. Well Clint made it 134 miles 5260 ft. The last 20' was just not going to happen as planned. Admittedly (by Clint)we should have listened to Ms. Boss on the proper route. (I don't know how many times I have heard it tonight and how many of her friends have heard it and how many times I will hear it again.)

The truck got stuck!!! And here is my better half saying "I told you so".

Well that didn't deter us from getting those fish out of the tank and putting them in their rightful place.

After trying the mule with winch, 8N with a fire hose (that snapped, knocking neighbor's doors( no one was home)and arriving to early at the barbeque smoker, we called out the big gun. Steve Tubbs w/ Tubb's Dozier Svc., the guys that built the pond graciously drove his tractor 45 minutes to give us a hand. Even brought some refreshements!

Overall, I was very pleased with the service provided by Clint and Todd with Overton Fisheries. Will call them in the spring for the predators, LMB and possibly HSB.

Here are some pics from today.

Unlodaing the "old fashioned way"

Where's the fish?

Afetr a little slight of hand. Here it is!

My little 8N didn't stand a chance pulling this behemoth out. The fire hose is history.

Help arrives.

Let's get it off that tree

Looks like we won't be camping tonight.

All is good at the new pond.

Overall, I had a great time. A little adversity is fun as long as you overcome. Thanks for all the input from you Pondmeisters out there. Will be asking for more in the future.