David

Great looking ponds! Many meisters probably wish they were facing your difficult decision right now.
Hope it's okay I chime in...I struggled with the same kind of question and ended up deciding to construct multiple ponds instead of one larger pond. I value diversity and the opportunity to experiment and learn through my successes and failures over the benefits of simply having a larger BOW. I initially believed in a iron clad correlation between BOW and fish size: Bigger the water, bigger the fish - so I was obsessed with building as large a pond as I could. Thankfully, before I began my projects, I realized fish size and the success of a project is largely dependent on the knowledge of and extensive management practices of the owner - not the size of the BOW. I'm glad I found the forum before I executed my plans.

It obviously comes down to your personal goals and - but I'd recommend keeping them separate and benefitting from experimenting and trying something different in your new pond. You have a blank canvas...how cool is that?!?

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]