"Starting the Dream" (see post in construction forum for details) is slowly moving forward. As I think ahead probably too far ahead I have a question about fish stocking. The pond should be about 2.5 acres when completed and 15 feet deep 25-50%. After reading the pond management handbooks from many states but most importantly from SD, WI and MI since the pond will be in southern Wisconsin, those manuals except for Dr Dave Willis frown upon the BG and LMB combo stating that after the 4-5 year initial stocking the pond will be overrun by stunted BG. Since the pond is an hour away from residence, I may be unable to manage the pond as intensely as required by the authors.

My long winded question is would YP make a better forage for LMB and a few 'bonus' walleyes than BG, understanding that YP are not multiple spawners? Would this combo with fathead or shiners as supplements work better than just BG?

Thanks for all the help and wonderful reading. My wife calls me obsessed and I don;t even have a pond yet.

13 acres,
5 ponds 1 still working
FHM, Shiners, CC, SMB, WE, Yellow Perch
living the dream

Can't have everything...where would you put it?