Originally Posted By: CJBS2003
 Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
One reliable report stated that there was a black crappie caught that was 14 inches just a couple of days earlier.

At 15 acre, the crappie may be a little easier to manage. Are you glad there are crappie or upset with the challenges they may give you in managing them?

I like crappie, so I would love to have a nice sustainable crappie fishery, however I've been told that the few that are in there are a result of a stocking a few years ago, and there are no small individuals.

I guess either the bass density is so high that their reproduction is being suppressed, or they don't have adequate spawning substrate.

Like I said before...I really don't want to manage this fishery. Too much pressure. If something went wrong I'd be to blame. I just want to blend in and be one more good steward of the pit.

I will however be proactive if the other members want to establish and/or reinforce existing plans to keep nutrients down. I love the minimal fertility they currently have. Really nice clarity, which I appreciate quite a bit.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.