Bluegillkiller, the big problem with CC is what's already been mentioned: they become extremely hook-shy extremely quickly, and you end up with a bunch of fish that, once they get to five or ten pounds, will knock the bluegill out of the way with their tails to keep the latter away from the pellet food while themselves eating said pellet food like Jenny Craig escapees at a salad bar. I enjoy catching a big catfish myself; I don't enjoy having fish in a pond I'm trying to manage for trophy bluegill that keep most of the pellet food away from the bluegill so I can't feed effectively in that pond, which is the situation right now in a pond I'm working with that one of the owners stocked with CC. If it weren't for the CC, I could have the bluegill averaging a pound right now; as it is they average around nine ounces, but that's a big difference, and the CC have caused it because I can't effectively utilize pellet food in that pond. You can stock them, and every now and then you'll catch one; but they'll wreck your bluegill management.

Crappie - just say no.

You could go with as few as one feeder, but for a lake that size, try to get at least two or three on there and you'll be glad you did. With only one, only a portion of the bluegill in the lake will benefit; if you get three on there, most of the bluegill in the BOW will benefit, which means more bluegill that get very large. They won't at all become hook-shy due to feeding; they'll become easier to catch, because they'll concentrate around the feeders and they'll be more in feeding mode more of the time.

RES would be good - they get very big in the proper conditions. HBG you don't really need, especially if you're going to feed, since common-strain bluegill get as big or bigger on pellet food, and don't degenerate genetically after the first (stocker) generation like HBG do.

There are some very affordable feeders on the market now that a lot of us use. Native Outdoors sells a feeder by Moultrie for $67, $30 extra for the solar-panel battery charger; I use it and haven't had any problems yet other than you need to make sure you mount it out over the water because some of the food goes straight down. Or you could spend a little more and get a Sweeney or Texas Hunter that will sling that food well out. If you get three feeders running on that lake, a year from now you're going to be a very happy bluegill fisherman.