O.K., say 10"-11" BG then. I don't think CC are bad, I just have to remember that if one gets caught, it doesn't go back in. I fin clipped the ones that I stocked this year, and tagged & released the 28" 14.5# one that hit a floating Rapala earlier this year. I did that so I can start knowing when they were put in, and if I have any natural reproduction. I've taken 12 CC out of the pond this year, and will be trying for more!

Even if you put one feeder on the pond, it will be better than none. Check the water, and the visibility. Get a secchi disc and learn how to use it. Fertilizing might help them grow quicker as well. If you can't make the conference this year, look at the Pond Boss Website and look in their library. They have a few good pond management books that might help as well.

Feeding the fish won't make them hook shy, although if they haven't seen fish pellets before it might take them some time to figure out what they are. There's a LOT of information here, reading and asking questions will get you on track quick. Things might start slowing down around here because of the conference in a week, but your questions WILL get answered!

If you think CC are poo poo'd, don't even think of Crappie! ;\)

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).