Hello to all,
Ive been nominated to fix this pond.

The pond is about 5-6 acres surface. Seems like good water quality not alot of moss or weeds.

The problem is the fish, well not a problem i just think they could be better
The lake has a relatively good stock of Bluegill from what ive gathered. Lots of big bluegill. I always fish to keep so im always keeping all the small to medium bluegill and throwing the monsters back. Should i be doing this how can i make the medium and small bluegill bigger and the big ones even bigger.

Next the bass.
Bass on the other hand is not as good. I can fish all day and catch maybe 20 and none of them are big some are decent but not big. None of them however are small oddly enough smallest being around 12" and relatively healthy not skin and bones. The big ones dont have that huge belly like you want or see on tv but there also not skinny.

As for Channel Catfish
The guy who owns the lake says hes caught some nice 15 or so pounders years ago. Ive fished for hours on end trying to catch catfish and have never even got a bite. Although i have seen a big channel cat feeding up in the shallows one evening. I believe there is very few if not just one

Heres what i would like to do
I would like to have more Medium to Big Bluegill preferably not have to worry about taking home the big boys. So if i do take home a big i know another will grow its size next year.

Alot more Medium to big Bass

Alot more Channel Catfish

And maybe some kind of Hybrid bluegill or Redear
Also some Albino catfish just cause it would be neat to see every once in a while.

Next year i will be adding a aerator on the deep end of the pond and a fountain 0n the shallow end, also a dock with buglight.

Any info you guys can give me to make this pond an awesome fishing pond i would greatly appreciate. Also this pond is for catching a keeping not releasing unless its huge.

Last edited by Bluegillerkiller; 09/08/09 04:59 PM.

I believe in catch and release. I catch then release to the grease..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]