Mom's update

I didn't realize it had been a week since I've updated. I kind of have mixed emotions about updating. I hope everyone understands.

I will start with Thursday: We had a family meeting with the team of Rehab Doctors, the Therapists, Social Worker, Nutritionist and Matt's Care Manager. Matthew is on a medication for 'LOCKED IN' syndrome. Which we aren't for sure Matt really has. Anyway, the meeting went well. They are thinking Matt will get to come home in about 2 weeks!!! With that, Matt will have to have a special bed and a hoist to get him in and out of bed and into his wheel chair. We will be making the dining room Matt's room. This way he will be by the living room and kitchen so Bob and I will be able to care for him. We will also have someone to help us at the beginning. It was also decided that Matt have another MRI to see where the blood clot was and whether to continue the aspirin for it. As well as finding out about the tumor.
Friday morning: started early - @ 6:00 am. Matt was taken to radiology for his MRI. When he got back to his room - ALL of his therapies began! Aunt Darcy came to visit and brought him a Foreigner's CD and a 'Man of Steel' t-shirt! Then, we had visitors from TUCSON - woo-hoo! Mrs. Riggers (Robyn) Matt and Emileigh's music teacher from Donaldson and her husband Mike came by to see Matt! Matt was very happy and so was I! She brought a poster for Matt and pictures of some of the teachers, staff and students! We have them hanging in Matt's room!
The Doctor came in to tell us the results of the MRI. (Bob wasn't at the hospital yet) thank God, Aunt Darcy was with us. The tumor is the same - but, the MRI showed another blood clot! Since it was the beginning of a holiday weekend - we have to wait until Tuesday to find out the treament. The concern is how many days out from Matt's surgery is safe to give him blood thinning medication.
Friday evening: Matt had more visitors! A friend of his before we moved to Tucson, Brody! He and Matt were friends in preschool to elementary school. Brody's family came to visit too! Brody made Matt's night!
Saturday: Bob stayed with Matt and had several visitors - Aunt Deb, Uncle Doug and Aunt Traci and Nonnie!
Sunday: Matt and I watched 6Teen, iCarly, listened to Star Wars Book on Cd and a Healing CD, it was a mellow day --- EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT....MATT MOVED HIS HEAD BACK AND FORTH AND CONTINUED TO MOVE HIS HEAD!
Brody's family came for another visit and brought an incredible tray of meat & cheeses and fruit! Yummy! Aunt Deb & Uncle Doug had Bob and Emileigh over for dinner and they brought me dinner too!
Monday: Bob is with Matt and they have already listened to Styx and Foreigner. Nonnie has visited, and there are more visitors on the way. MATT CONTINUES to MOVE HIS HEAD!!!
Thank you for all of the visits!
I will update Tuesday or Wednesday on the next 'steps' for Matt. Please continue your prayers, for Matt's progress, healing, strength and faith!

On September 9, 2009 (09-09-09) @ 9:00 AM or PM (OR BOTH), PLEASE light a candle for Matthew - for his fight, for his strength, for his faith, for his endurance, for his HEALING- for MATTHEW ROBERT HERNAN!
God has blessed Matt and our family with wonderful family and friends - thank you for 'being there' for us!

peace, light & love ~ Shari for the Hernan's

A little snow, Please!