update on my anticipated pond repair--not having luck getting clay dug/moved on my property--attempted to purchase and have it delivered from a nearby source---not much success there yet either-- still plan on trying to dig a mini-core on face of dam and pack with good clay and mix in some db-200 then plan on mixing kitty litter+db200 and raking it into area between water level and new core--i see no way to compact it such as sheepsfoot due to steepness of dam (may try to use the small trac-hoe to compact if i have time left on it) --results of my "experiment" station--my insulated bucket has lost very little water (less than 1/4 inch over a month) compared to 8 or 9 inch loss from pond. that pond loss is very little compared to what i lost from feb thru july 1 (app 5 to 6 foot) even with a good inflow of water up until july. i suppose the good news is that if i ever stop the leaking i will have a full pond due to good water supply nov thru july 1-- the bad news is i may not be able to stop the leak without going broke. too much invested in this mudhole to stop now though.