HE HE you got it before I did, Mom's Update

Shewee - I have a lot to catch up on in updating Matt's site!

I'll start where I left off on Friday. Bob's plane didn't get in to KC until AFTER MIDNIGHT! Thank you Uncle Doug and Aunt Deb for picking him up so late.

Saturday: Unk Jim came to visit Matt and brought balloons. He stayed most of the morning with us. Bob and Emileigh came up and the 3 of us stayed with Matt all day. I stayed the night with Matt.

Sunday: Bob and Emileigh came up around noon and Matt had several visitors! Uncle Doug, Aunt Deb & Ali, they brought him a Dave Chappelle DVD. Aunt Darce, Uncle Mike and Jake visited! Aunt Darce made us chocolate chip cookies and brought Matt a STYX CD (Matt likes Rock Music)! Nonnie and PaPa came to visit after the Royals game and then...Randy and Nathan came to visit!!!! Matt was having a good day with all of his visitors - sleeping most of the time - but, when Nathan (his best friend) came in - he woke right up and was smiling and laughing! They stayed for a couple of hours then Randy had to get Nathan back to Springfield to start school.
After that visit, PaPa, Bob & Emileigh went to get Gates BBQ for our dinner - thanks PAPA! We were starving! ;\) I believe it was a good day for all of us - especially Matt!
(We found out PaPa has to have surgery on Sept 9th to remove his gall bladder).
Sunday night Bob stayed with Matt. Monday morning Matt had all the therapies: OT, PT and speech therapy. Aunt Traci & Blair came to visit Matt and brought balloons!!
Tuesday was a very busy day too!~ By the way - Happy Birthday Uncle Jimmy and Happy Anniversary Nonnie & Papa - YESTERDAY \:\)
A lot of doctors, therapist and case workers were in and out. Uncle Jimmy came to visit too! Matt got the biggest smile on his face when he heard Uncle Jimmy's voice before he saw him!

Jeff brought Billy Butler (1st baseman) with the Kansas City Royals to visit Matt. He brought him a bat and signed it - and signed a jersey Matt already had. We have a picture I will post as soon as I get it down loaded. Matt was sooooooooooooooo very very happy!
WOW - huh?

Matt has been weepy the last few mornings. Maybe I can give you a clear picture of Matt. We know he can hear us and his left eye opens and he recognizes us. His right eye still stays closed. Matt is moving his arms just a little bit. We know he is frustrated with that. Matthew has always been very active, so we know he wants to be doing stuff on his own! We are praying for his "faith","determination" and "strong will" that has gotten him this far in his journey to come out and keep him going! Please pray with us and for us. Pray for his determination, strength, faith a long with Emileigh, Bob and myself. This is and has been a long journey already and we need and want to be there for Matt to get where HE wants to be: walking, talking, playing baseball, basketball, golf, sports in general, writing, drawing, creating, movie making, etc... and as well as I know my son, he will want to help others with their journey!

Bob stayed with Matt last night after he and I went to a 'meet the teachers' night for Emileigh.

Right now Matt is on the Hemonc floor (4th) he really doesn't need to be on this floor but, they all of the doctors and therapists are deciding when Matt will be able to go to the Rehab floor. We all are hoping this move will be soon. Today Aunt Traci came to visit bearing gifts as usual - she spoils us! She brought Matt movies and Bob Gates BBQ for lunch.

peace - light & love, Shari for the Hernan Family!

A little snow, Please!