Originally Posted By: ewest
Nice fish T. How is that pond doing? Seems like some inconsistent results for a LMB heavy pond. Could be a result of the pellets. What is your assessment? That LMB is way over Wr (RW) 100.

After the BG/RES fish kill under the ice last Winter, I was way short on forage and bass heavier than I wanted to be. I have been feeding all the bass that will eat and have culled over a dozen large ones (15" and over) that apparently never figured out pellets. One of these was really nice last year (caught it three times, it was identifiable by a missing eye), but had lost about 1/3 of it's body weight - while the same length as the fat bass above, it weighed less than half as much when I removed it.

Between the feeding and the excellent growth on BG this year (Aquamax 500/600 plus more natural feed to go around with fewer mouths), the forage shortage has obviated somewhat and while I still have many bass eating the smaller pellets (and holding their weight), there are maybe 3 or 4 that have stayed eating lots of Largemouth pellets. Those few are in really good condition, like the 4lbs 12oz-er.

BG catch rate is about 1/4 or 1/5 of what it was last year, but the ones I get are in very good condition.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]