Thanks for the welcome into the forum all. I greatly appreciate the advise as well as conversation on the post. This will keep the mind thinking.

I am still in the planning stages until the fall.

The pond was dug up about 40 years ago with a bulldozer for a watering hole for the cows and horses we raised at the time. It was about 5' on the deepest end and about 2' on the shallow end. The area of the pond is a natural "slew" that was dammed off to hold the water. The pond runs North & South with drainage canals North & South of the pond for drainage back into the Waxia bayou. There was a few fish at one time from frinds stocking from a fishing trip. Since then, the pond is about 3' on the deep side and about 1' on the shallow side. Fish wise, may have a "Shoepick" or two but nothing else.

I had a contractor that built my home come by to give me an estimate on digging it out and building up the banks around the pond. His estimate is about 4 days worth of digging and leveling the remaining dirt into the surrounding area. I have crops in the field now but should have it harvested by October. Once the milo has been harvested, then I will bring him in to begin the work.

I will most probably utilize Dunn's Fish Farm to stock the pond as well as my other supplies. I am planning a feeding program once stocked and hopefully will assist in producing some really nice fish. I will stock for a 2 acre pond in accordance with their recommendations.

I am isolated from most of civilization back in this area and have a well for water supply to our home. With a large family, I do not think my 3" well can produce for the family as well as the pond so I am considering having a well dug just for the pond. I did state a 4" well but still uncertain of what will be necessary to keep up with the pond. The soil is a "Silty Clay Loam" so I am not too concerned about the pond retaining the water. My water level is at 24' and will have a continues slope from the well down to the pond so I am assuming the most hydrastic head will be the 24'. Please correct me if I am wrong, anyone.

One question I do have is what is the amount of well water I can supply to the pond without it affecting the fish? I don't guess attempting to keep the pond at a constant level would be the correct approach???

I subscribe!