Here's the promised pics. The ball valve with the red handle is 2". The pipe coming out of the building is 1.5". I bumped up the 2" to 3" because I had the pipe here. There is a 20' section of 3" PVC, that transitions to 3" lay-flay hose, (so I can drive over it with the lawn tractor) back to 3" PVC, then at the pond it transitions to a 50' section of 2" lay flat hose, which is stuck inside of a 3" section of PVC so it won't erode the pond bank. I can also move/drive over the lay-flat near the pond to mow. The other ball valves are for future sprinkler usage. I have a shut-off with a drain inside the building so I can clear the lines for winter. While it's not the most aestetic, I just have the pipe/hose laying on the ground, nothing is permanent yet. From the ball valve to the end of the pipe at the pond is a run of 260'.

When I'm not in the house I just crank the valve all the way open, and right before I go to bed. The pump is a 1 hp 7 stage, and the head is only 20' max.
performance chart

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).