Originally Posted By: 2trackin
Well, I know nothing about raising trout (I'm going to try someday) but I would guess in the wild they can live to be quite old. Brook Trout are actually Char right? Just like Lake Trout. In Lake Superior, Lake Trout live to be VERY old. Lake Superior also has Coasters (Lake Brook Trout) that grow larger in size (propably due to more food available). I would imagine those could live to be older as well. I know the federal government is currently doing research on coasters in Lake Superior. I wonder if it's possible to find any reports or get any information from them?

See my post above. As I said my last fish were planted in Lake Superior to increase the number of coasters but I had two die somewhere between age 4 and 5.

I wish it was this simple 2trackin. Faster growing fish usually don't live as long and also may have shorter life spans in slightly warmer water for the same reason. Brook trout don't have the life span of lakers either.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 08/08/09 09:44 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.