Well, I am here at my fiancee's parent's house in south eastern NC. They live in a golf course community with lots of golf course ponds. I couldn't help myself and had to see what was in them...

In about an hour of fishing I ended up catching about 2 dozen BG, 1 nice bass and 6 PS. I was surprised by the PS. You think of them as being a northern cold water fish but the water temp was WARM! They were very pretty fish though. No real whoppers, but for being an unmanaged pond, they weren't bad... Here are a few of the fish.

For you CNBG aficionados, are these BG CN? They certainly have the characteristics but I had assumed most of these fish were wild as this pond I was fishing in connects up with a creek where I am assuming many of the fish in there came from. Perhaps a BGxCNBG?

male

male

female

This one had striking blues and aquas all around it's head

The distinct barring on the males leads me to believe they are at least partial CNBG

PS

It's hard to see in the pic, but you can see the tiny black plastic maggot jig in the upper left side of the bass's jaw I was using to catch the sunfish. It was on a 1/80th oz size 12 hook. The whole jig and bait can't be more than an inch and this bass inhaled it... Goes to show even bigger bass will eat small things.