Update from MOM! Sounds like great news to me,

Let me just say THANK YOU for ALL of the prayers - the Hernan's do Believe in the Power of Prayer and we are at Peace that everything is in God's Hands! So, with that, sit back, relax and get ready for A LOT of good news: MAINLY - MATT IS TUBE FREE! I was going to list all of them - and realized I didn't know what they were called! The only tube he has in, is the one he came with - that is his G-tube. So, everything is being administered thru that. Right now, he is only getting Tylenol. Amazing!

Monday night he was given a different bed that helps with circulation in his legs, arms and chest. It also moves him in positions to sit up like he is actually in a chair. The Doctors want him to be up right most of the day tomorrow.

He is continuing to receive respiratory therapy every 4 hours, this is to prevent Matt from getting pneumonia. Yesterday he received Physical Therapy, today he received Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy.

He is 'awake' so to speak. He just can't talk yet. He does squeeze our hands when we ask him yes or no and multiple questions and Matt blinks as well. Before surgery, Nonnie came up with some signs for each one of us - and Matt has been doing those. Nonnie's is the 'I love you' sign, PaPa's is the 'thumbs up' sign, Emileigh's is the 'pinkie' sign, mine is the 'Peace sign' (of course) and that only leaves 1 finger left for Bob as his sign - I'll let you figure it out! ;\) I've never seen someone so happy to get that sign as Bob is when Matt gives it to him! Here is my happy news - he can say MOM! YAHOO! Tomorrow the Doctor's are going to change the dressing on his head and check everything. Either tomorrow afternoon or Friday - he will be getting out of ICU! WOW - right!? Do me a favor, take a moment to say 'THANK YOU' to your higher being - ours is GOD! And, I want to shout to the heavens, THANK YOU LORD - THANK YOU ANGELS - THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS, the Power of Prayer is working here!!

The next thing we need to pray about is Matt's MRI. When we find out just how much of the tumor Dr. Al-Mefty did remove. We do know that there is part of the tumor that is still on the brain stem - it is too compacted on the brain stem to remove surgically. So, that is the next piece of news we will be waiting for. Matt did have a few issues they were concerned about, but have been taken care of, one being high blood pressure and the other pneumonia and aspiration. We are learning to take everything one day at a time. Matthew has quite a lot of work ahead of him! I just wish all of you could have seen him last week, each day before his procedures and before going into surgery. Matt was so strong and so brave and we are so very proud of him.

I just want to say - Arkansas Children's Hospital is WONDERFUL! The Nurses are INCREDIBLE! ALL OF THEM! The Doctor's are PHENOMINAL. Dr. Al-Mefty, Dr. Dunn and Dr. Barr - they are top in their field and it shows. Yet, they are kind and comforting. Matt is blessed to be where he is. Bob and I feel so at peace that we are here.

Peace - Light & Love - The Hernan Family from Little Rock, Arkansas.

A little snow, Please!