It seems that Cheezy and Belkins were reporting the most success, and i am sure i speak for all in saying we hope they check in for a status report. I know this time of year can be "evaporative" and little rain doesn't help. I think several folks' leaks are the banks rather than the basin, so they need a fuller pond to tell if any attempted fixes have worked at all.

My situation - i got 1500 lb of bentonite and put the majority of it on the banks and some in the water, and sprayed 6 gallons of DB 100 on banks and in water this past Saturday, Aug 1st. We got a 30 minute 1/2 inch rain right at the end of the application, which was nice. we left Sunday and will not see it again until Saturday this week (it is a weekend hobby farm), and i will report what i find then. I have a lot of hope at this point.

FWIW i talked to an old timer Alabama guy last week who told me he had a friend in 1980 whose pond leaked and he drained it and lined the base with newspapers and it has not leaked a drop since.

PondBoss magazine subscriber
Don't text while driving!