farmer rick and otto--not overly industrious i just don't want to throw nickels at a quarter problem. also i built this pond as a view on the backside of my house and house is now complete but pond continues to be problematic and mud hole isn't an attractive back yard. so while i am looking for an inexpensive solution i also would love for the next "fix" i try to be successful. the lining of the pond bottom cured some of the problem but i think it exposed the problem of the dam core not being done well. will keep everyone posted on my attemted fix although like the rest of folks here i will probably need till jan/feb or perhaps even beyond to see if what i try works. i chose to try db200 as they told me was twice as effective as 100 and i plan on working dry. should this fail or not work real well i may spray some of the dam with the db100 but hopefully that will not be necessary. time will tell. i keep checking here to see success stories on the db200 and 100 but am seeing incomplete or minimal success posted.