otto and farmer rick--i am about to undergo a similar experiment--i have water/now wetness behind my dam--my pond is down 6ft from full in jan.--the spring feeding it (i run it thru a 6" pipe to shallow end of pond--so this spring doesn't factor in the pond leak) my water stopped flowing 1st week in july--have already packed 2 ft red clay in bottom----i have flagged rear of dam as to wet areas---i will dig 7 to 8 test holes on back side of dam to see if i can better find area of leak--that said --i will probably do 2/3 of the dam as follows--dig a shelf wide enough for mini-trac hoe (not sure what you call them--once shelf is dug and can run trac hoe along dam (on water side) we plan on digging app. 3 ft below pond bottom and making a new mini-core 1 1/2 to 2 ft wide with red clay from upper part of my property. i plan on mixing in db-200 along with the clay as it goes in the trench/hole--may try to spray it with garden hose and tamp it in as we go(not sure on that yet). as a finish touch i will try and mix some db-200 +kitty litter/bentonite with the soil between existing red clay liner and new "mini-core". hopefully i will not kill my fish as they have been well fed for awhile now. otto--will keep updating this as i go and as soon as can determine success or failure of this i will post that also. thanks