otto-- i talked with doug of pond doctors--he says if can work dry----- the db-200 is best as it takes less (or is more effective)---"so sauty" says he got the same info from doug---db-200 is $244/gal and a gal is 42lbs--- it takes 150lbs per acre-- will have to research how much bentonite required-- they recommend compact it--on steep slope i can't figure how to do that without draining pond---i may try to rototill the clay and db200 into my existing soil--
in weedeating around pond there is wetness along 2/3 of the dam on the back and on the opposite side there are willow looking trees on a 30 yard area across from dam/siphon--i suppose i may be looking at a spring there that adds water when water table up and drains it when the water table drops if so i may have to put 2 or 3 ft of clay and compact that?? i'm scared that i may not be able to stop a spring like that as i'm at the bottom of a large hillside--i had to dig out my drive and put rip rap and drain pipe--so i could finish construction on my house due to an underground spring running under the road and turning it to mush. no way for concrete trucks, building supply trucks to get in unless i fixed road which i did (extra 2 grand for digging/gravel/rip rap/drain pipe)
--i'm sure learning as i go but no way to predict some stuff like this until it's too late. thanks for phone info--i'll keep pond boss and you updated on what i try and how successful it is.