FarmerRick- There is nothing more frustrating than watching your pond water run right back into the earth! 4 ft a month is a nice leak! I would probably use the DB-200 (which is much easier to apply and can be compacted)on any areas that are exposed and you can get to. Then spray several applications of DB-100 directly into the water and onto banks. The dam always seems to be the culprit of most leaks...kind of makes me glad I don't have one! My pond was leaking more than an inch a day before 2 applications and it has slowed down to less than 1 inch per week now so it's definately made a difference. One thing I can tell you is I strongy believe results will vary with the DB-100 product. The product is a polymer that depends on organic matter, grass clippings, basically anything floating that It can bond together and force to the pond bottom. My pond had a particulary large amount of organics suspended in it therefore I had optimum results. If you don't have anything for product to work with and had easy access to bentonite, pot ash, manure? whatever ...I would definately use that along with the polymer. One last thing it's sort of a pain to apply. You'll have to first buy a trash pump if you don't have one and then rig suction hose to become an eductor to draw DB-100 as it's spraying. It's also very slimy and a mess if you aren't VERY careful. Just wanted you to know all of that up front. Good luck and keep us posted!