I'm kicking around the thought of switching out the well pump to a larger one, but I need some advice.

Currently, the well puts out 27 gpm with a 1 hp motor. I can (and do) run a pipe to the pond to fill it, but I need to run the pump wide open to the pond to make a slight difference, and that means no water pressure in the house. If run at full capacity to the pond it will raise the water level 1/2" in approximately 13 hrs. at the current pond level. At full pool, the surface of the pond will increase by approx 3/8 to maybe 1/2 ac. Right now the pond is down 2'.

I can switch the pump to a 2 or 3 hp motor, each supplying 50 or 80 gpm respectively. The well aquafier and casing has the capability of supplying over 100 gpm.

The electric rate here is 9.8 cents per Kwh. Which pump would be cheaper for me to run over the long haul? I'm trying to figure out how to balance the increased electric consumption vs. lessened run time.

To drop a dedicated well for the pond would cost approx. $3500

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).