back from cozumel/progresso! been gazing at a really big pond, the good ole gulf of mexico...ate much seafood. my waiter in the dining room's name was Alongkot??! from Thailand
Wow I missed alot of discussion>>>>>>>>thanks to everyone for input!!

after reading all the posts, i think trying to manage for good sized of both bluegill and bass will be a little tricky even though I will thoroughly enjoy the managing(fishing) since my pond is about 30 feet from my backdoor. i have made my mind up to go more towards the larger bass. remember, i also will stock RES. i have gathered from these posts with this new goal in mind i should stock BG and be patient before stocking bass.

could y'all weigh in again with hard numbers(even if the advise differs) for stocking and also for when to stock what with my new goals in mind?--1 3/4 acre, 9ft max depth. lots of structure. NE Mississippi...should be full by spring...want LMB/BG/RES with the new goal of large bass over larger sunfish

Thanks again...also what forage species smaller than bluegill in your opinion should be stocked and when in relation to the stated species--LMB/BG/RES?