Our property is a 2 acres lot in a subdivision with a perennial stream that never runs dry. The property adjacent and North has an 8 acre pond. 20 years ago the damn was fortified and backed up a lot more water (now 8 acres) Following construction of the damn, under-ground water found its way to a grove of trees in a low section of our property and killed all the trees. The previous land owners installed french drains with limited success, draining the excess water to the creek, it only trickles out of one pipe and the other two no longer drain. The ground stays soft with moisture and only water hungry plants grow , the ground is sinking, slightly in this area. It is 150' circumference. I intend on digging up the drains and establishing a small water feature 150’ round pond. I bought a backhoe attachment for my skid steer and dug a 3’ deep x 3’ long hole. In 36 hours the hole was completely filled (no rain) 1 foot from the surface. The soil is 90+% clay. I’m certain the pond will hold water but I’m concerned I won’t get enough flow to keep the pond clean. Is this an issue? Should I go through with my plans?