IME 12"-13" is right at the lower limit of LMB sizes that eat Aquamax Largemouth pellets. That size of bass does pretty well growing on AM 600.

Like you, I have seen some bass take a Largemouth pellet and then let it go. Some of the ones I have had do this were clearly big enough to swallow it, so it moust be something about the larger pellet they don't like or are unfamiliar with. They seem to prefer 500/600.

In general, fish are most inclined to take pellets when they are hungry. BG and CC are pretty good pellet feeders, so I suspect yours either aren't real hungry (especially the CC) or could benefit from a feed trained fish of the same species to give an example (especially the BG). But both of these fish should figure it out on their own, given time.

I might try NOT feeding the 600 to the LMB for a little while, and see if they start swallowing the Largemouth pellets. If not, return to the 600 and let them grow a while.

If they get to eating the big pellets well, I'd give them as many as they eat. That size bass may not want more than 2 or 3. I think LMB would probably benefit from 2 feedings a day, if they were spaced out in time.

Last edited by Theo Gallus; 07/15/09 07:37 AM. Reason: sp.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]