It's not the amount of food, especially if you just started fertilizing; lots of fertilized ponds are also pellet-fed, including one I'm working with at the moment, and the fish eat fine. The intermittent feeding, unless there were periods in which you fed daily for any length of time, would not train them because it's intermittent and they never get accustomed to the food. Also, I found in a previous message that you were feeding catfish chow, which bluegill don't take to as well.

I'm wondering if you have the feeder in a spot the bluegill don't frequent. It might seem like in a pond, anywhere would be fine as long as the water is deep enough and the food doesn't wash up on shore; but pH can vary slightly from spot to spot, as can DO, and obviously food can, as well as susceptibility to predators; there are lots of factors that go into why bluegill may choose to camp in a particular spot, and if you have the feeder where they ain't, they probably aren't going to come there to eat. I always make a point of placing a feeder where I've caught not even just one but multiple bluegill, and preferably some of the bigger ones in the pond, whether that be only five ounces or twelve or more. Is your feeder close to where you caught those good-sized bluegill recently? If not, try moving it right on top of where you caught them.

I found a previous message in which you said you're feeding gamefish chow that has pellets of various sizes. This shouldn't make a difference, but I'm just brainstorming here - you might try Aquamax 500 instead. It's 9% higher in protein, which shouldn't make a difference, but I know that I recently installed two new feeders on a 56-acre lake, and within two days of installation the bluegill were feeding very well at both feeders. There's one other feeder that's been on the lake a couple years, but it's a quarter mile from either of the other feeders so the fish eating well at the new feeders have probably never seen pellet food prior to a week ago, and they're killing it. The Aquamax has fish oil in it; I know other posters on here have experienced their fish hammering it after being lukewarm to other feeds.