g-dub, on the gams, thats a bit pricey, but you dont need many if the pond has shallow weedy areas for them to hide. you might have seen me post before, i stocked NINE mosquito fish in April 06, and by the end of the summer i had in the tens of thousands. as long as the Gams have shelter, you can put the GSF in at the same time.

GSF are amazing. if you stock adult GSF, they will easily spawn the first year provided you stock well before Fall. I stocked ~29 adults (lunkers \:D ) and every corner of my ~ 1 acre pond now has GSF.

GSF are the best i've ever seen at surviving in the worst conditions. i have a small pool (10 x 30) in the seasonal creek below my house to which GSF fry and YOY migrate upstream in the winter (to escape LMB predation in the ranch pond). By early summer the (formerly) YOY have matured enough to spawn.

My first pond brood of summer 2006 (pictured on previous page) are now spawning. in the absence of heavy (LMB) predation, the GSF population numbers are staggering in my pond. the shallows where not choked with weeds are choked with minute fry that are now likely a combination of BG and GSF (and hopefully RES).

regarding the pellet feeding......my GSF learned immediately only because the BG were taking feed. the GSF in the pool below my house will not readily take feed. you might find, in the absence of BG, you'll have to work at it to get them to take feed.

GSF are people too!