Okay boys, I finished installing the first pipe for the new dock. I went ahead and used the 8" pipe...That may have been a little over kill. It was fun driving that in to the ground! I end up only getting it in about 2 foot. The whole floor of my pond is solid clay, so I think I am good. I took my ice auger with the extension and went in a little deeper.

I put one 1/2" piece of rebar in the middle and took some woven (American) wire, made a circle and placed it in the tube before I poured the concrete.

I also placed a couple galvanized bolts in the side, close to the top of the pipe so I can bolt my ledger board to.

I am thinking that 4" pipe would probably have worked just fine. 8" is way over kill. It took 5-80lbs of concrete.

I am hoping that with the pipe only 2' in the ground, that it will still work. I am not worried about it lifting up, I am starting to wonder if it will start pushing in to the ground further over time.

I made sure that I am plenty high out of the waters reach this time. This may also save me if it starts to settle.

I will get some pictures for you guys later. I plan on getting more pipe and concrete tomorrow.

Any advise on how to get the wife to stop asking questions?