i have been keeping up with this thread and experiencing the same thing at my pond at the same time. we have not had rain for 5 weeks here. my pond is at full pool and has never quit running out of the pipe. it is very slow, but still running. i had fertilized heavily during all the rains we were having, when it stopped is when my rusty/brown muddy looking water appeared. we still have not had rain and my pond has suddenly turned green. i did notice a few stripes/bands of brown in the pond today, but for the most part it is green. we have had some wind here the last week (10 mph) and that seemed to really make a difference. seems like the brown was only in the first few inches of surface water. my standpipe has a trash rack that extends about 3' below the surface.

there is a creek (halawakee) near my house that i cross a few times a week. it has an old gristmill and dam about 50' from the bridge. beans mill in alabama if anyone wants to google it. the water there has been exactly the same. looked very muddy/rusty until the last week and now suddenly has a clearer green look.

any idea what is going on?

Scott Hanners