I've had it with the masked bandit! He unceremoniously greeted my wife two days ago when she opened the storage door to our chicken coop.

In the last week he has killed three chickens and a duck. Over the last several weeks he's eaten the latch off my tackle box and ruined a number of my expensive baits. He's stolen the creel off the dock. He's found out how to get the lid off my 50 pound feed canisters that hold fish and fowl feed. He's had diarrhea in the chicken feed and oyster shell containers after eating large quantities of it. He's eaten at least a dozen eggs -- probably more. He's left large piles of "tell tale signs" all over the roof of the chicken coop, and inside too.

I've wired and patched the chicken run repeatedly, but he always finds a way to muscle his way in somewhere else. (It is 16 sections of 6x10 ft. chain link dog kennel panels with chicken wire over the top.)

I'm going catfish fishing in a few minutes. Besides my fishing equipment, I'm taking my big spot light, the 12-gauge, and my 30-30.

If I don't get him -- any suggestions?

Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!