Originally Posted By: eddie_walker
Brettski,

I'm not familiar with your foundation. It reminds me of how we did it in California, but I'm not seeing all of it. Does the rebar tie into the footings? There are vertical dowels that tie the footing to the stem wall. For this type foundation (where there is presssure from both sides of the wall as opposed to a basement on one side of the wall), the dowels between the footing and the wall are not even required. I felt better about doing it, had the steel and the time, so I put them in. What is the spacing of the rebar? What size rebar are you using? There are 2 #6 continuous in the footing (#5 min reqd). Where the footing spans the 4" PVC utility chase line that runs directly below it, I added 2 more #6 x 8' rebar into the footing. There are 2 #5 continuous at top of stem wall (none reqd).
It's nice to see that you are using chairs. I have a pet peeve against those who don't use them and say that they just pull up the rebar to the middle after the mud is poured. I don't believe it and have seen them try to do this, but fail every time. Never will I do a slab without chairs.

Do you have a county inspector that lives close by? I'm alaways waiting around the the inspectors to show up. Sometimes it's a couple of days, and that's in the city limits!!!! Yes, I do have an inspector close by. He came by for the footing inspection. I had just started setting the iron into the footing so he could see the plan. That was all he needed. It turned into more of a social visit with my dirt guy.

I think that I'm more impressed with how quickly you can get your inspections done and move on to the pours then I am with your progress.

Eddie

There is much more detail and pics on the LNP website; link is on my first post that kicked off this thread.