I've spread 750lbs of lime small rock/dust, 500lbs bentonite, 80lbs salt, and 6gal DB-200. The DB was easiest to spread, used a small Scott's hand spreader. The water is pumping and pond was approaching 2' deep (excluding a 10'X16' 30" hole) when I left this eve. As the water rises and covers the DB-200 granules, they expand to a goohy white spoltch about the size of a marble. With a 6gal application over a .2acre surface, the DB-200 appears to be forming a (edit 6/30) thim film, similiar to snow or sleet; looking at a distance all is blanketed in white, yet close up some places are spotchy. Price for 6gal DB-200 and 6gal DB100 about $430. That's hundreds, not thousands.

A soil engineer came by to do a perk test for septic, he said my soil perked so well that the pond would have to have some help to seal. He got pretty tickled trying to wash off 2 drops of DB-100. That stuff can get funny. Be sure not to have any machinery down in your pond basin after applying the stuff, KY jelly ain't got nuttin' on DB.

My laptop died and I'm on vacation far from my home computer, so I don't know if I can provide pictures until mid-August when I return to Bako. Boy, I'm hopeful right now, we'll see.

6/30 update May be able to get pictures with my cell phone though its' camera is poor and today's foto washed out. Well only produces 6gpm and so pond is filling slowly. Today the water level reached 4 & 1/2 ft. We only got .67" rain this June, the average is 5" You can hear the soil fairly sucking up the moisture. If it doesn't rain I may not be able to top off the pond

7/4 Water level is 5ft and climbing! I spend 2 days in the camper by the pond and 1 day away. On my away day, no water pumped. Daily level only drops 1&1/2" whereas 2&1/4" in the past. This is in spite of the soil wicking up lots of aqua due to a lack of rain. Too early to judge though.

Last edited by SoSauty; 07/04/09 09:19 PM. Reason: ongoing observations

Self-educated rednecks, the real intelligentsia.