I starting this thread to document the constrution of my poond that is suppose to start in 4 to 6 weeks. The pond is being built by damming up a ravine (where two come together) plus the south and east sides will have there slope greater reduced.

I have made a couple of individual post on this asking specific questions as I was working though the planning stages. I have modified the design a liitle since my last post an added another wood duck box and some more down trees. Here is an updated diagram of it

The only thing not really worked out yet is the emergency spillway but planning that to the south side of the dam.

As noted on here before I am planning on using a siphon system as the only overflow system in the pond. My dirt guy has never done one of these before but is very interested in doing this

Here are some pictures taken late winter/early spring that show the area where the pond will go

Facing north

Facing NNW

Facing West

Facing South

Dam Location facing south

Tail area of dam

Most of the dirt for the dam will be moved from this finger between two ravines making the east end of the pond.

Slide showing showing other areas around the pond area and the pics above

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll243/lassig/pond/before/?albumview=slideshow

The plan is to update this post as progress is made, getting real excited to get this thing going.