Texas Fishing Forum
09-21-09

New Fairfield Lake record at 1.90 lbs,11 1/2 inches in length,and a girth of 14 3/4

Originally Posted By: JIMMYSNOVA
Posting this for Midlothian Joe he caught this Lake Fairfield Bluegill record Friday 6/19/09. Missed the State record by that much. I knew I should have taken off work and went with him. He will post later this evening with details. I took these pics and the fish was HUGE!!! :eeks: Hopefuly pics come though, yes my wife had to help me but I am learning

Hope everyone is having a great day.

[IMG]http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab266/pug75154/DSC03316.jpg
New Fairfield Lake record at 1.90 lbs,11 1/2 inches in length,and a girth of 14 3/4

[/IMG]
I wear a size 12 shoe

Yep he looks HAPPY!!! :rolfmao:

Originally Posted By: Midlothian Joe
Sorry for the late post,here are more details.My wife and I went to FF friday fished from 9:00am-2:30 caught 40 and my P.B. and pending Lake Fairfield record around 1:00 as soon I pulled it in my wife said Joe that has to be some kind of record I kind of played it down and said I dont think so but without a doubt biggest one I ever caught so I just threw him in the ice chest and kept on fishing because they were biting really good! After 2+ hours on ice we decided to head in and while I was loading the boat there were 2 State park officers at the dinning hall and my wife asked them if they could weigh my fish and they called to the office at the front gate and there were Game Wardens there and they said no problem. Honestly I probally would have not bothered to get it weighed but my wife was pretty insistant, but glad I did,just wish I would have kept him alive long enough to weigh him in at his true weight and here is why,he easily was a new Lake record at 1.90 lbs,11 1/2 inches in length,and a girth of 14 3/4 after the Game warden took all my info he told me I narrowly missed the State record of 2.02 lbs. I know there have probally been lots of big bluegills caught at FF that never made it past the fish cleaning station, maybe bigger than the one that I caught,and here is why I say that I went back to FF today,had about 50 crickets left from yesterday could not let them go to waste(lol) plus I had to be in Corsicana for a B-day party later.Fished from 10:30-1:30 caught 21,including my next to P.B. 1.50 lbs/10 3/4 and had another that went 1.25 (same Game warden weighed them for me,thanks Mike),with all that said I think there are plenty of possible record gills that have been caught at FF or will be caught, sure would like to here what some of you breambusters that fish FF alot P.B. are? Also thinking about getting the 2 big gills mounted together on a piece of driftwood, do any of you guys have anybody you would recommend and what do you think something like that would cost?

Joe

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)