Innova is a good food. I had considered carrying it in my store but at the time there were a limited number of distributors in my area and the availability was not stable. I couldn't risk having folks start using the food and then not be able to get it on a regular basis. It looks like they are getting that under control and it certainly is a good food, especially the EVO formula's.

The fresh food is always a great idea, it's actually the only thing I feed my critters and you are smart to freeze it first. Freezing for 30 days kills all the parasites and makes it safer to feed.

I could tell you a story about my friend Wendy, the "free" venison and the $1000 worth of tape worm medicine! Ever since then I freeze all wild game for 30 days first. EWWWW! Nasty red mutant tapeworms. Yuck!

If you ever want to swap up for some variety (which is always a good idea every 3-4 months) take a look at Orijen here. I think they make the best dry food on the US market today. It's about the same price as Innova but you feed less because all of the formula's are grain free.

If it's not fit for you to eat, what makes you think it's good for your dog?

AHAHM