Trails,
I think adding bgill will depend on the predator that you add. If you add LMB then use BG, if you do not use bluegill, then start with SMB. LMB can always be added if SMB cannot control reproduction from HBG, RES and goldfish. I highly suggest that you begin removing the catfish whenever you catch one regardless of its size. Two large adult catfish are plenty (and 2 too many in my opinion) in a 0.25 ac pond with bass and mixed panfish. Read Dr. Anderson's very good article about this topic in the current Pond Boss mag (Mar-Apr).
One good, efficient bottom diffused aerator is very adequate for a 0.25 ac pond. In MO with 0.25 ac pond, you may need to run it 10-12 hrs a day for adequate circulation, but not more.

Assuming your initial stocking consisted of small fingerlings then you should be okay to wait to add predators (SMB?) this fall. In summer-fall of 2008 watch for excessive hatch of HyBG or goldfish; they may need to be thinned manually. I am not sure if you know this or not but a large percentage of the goldfish reproduction will not be brightly colored. Many will be drab brown to dark olive. The bad part is most of the colorful ones will get eaten first, leaving behind many of the drab colored individuals. These are the ones, that when common to abundant, will cause problems with water clarity issues.

Your local game warden will be able to tell you the best places in your district where you could catch some SMB. I suggest you not tell him why you want to catch some. Many agency people, for good reasons, disapprove of moving wild fish to private ponds - some may consider it illegal. Moving wild fish to private ponds is very risky and an unwise technique because it can introduce fish diseases or parasites. A person with aids or other serious illness can look perfectly healthy and the same goes with fish. The fish health problem may not show up right away. I have heard stories and seen problems of fish health issues in the receiving waters when well meaning fishermen move fish from one water body to another.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management