My turn next. Friday I'll be getting some of the DB-200(6lbs dry) 'an DB-100(3 gal. liquid). This weekend I'll spread 1/4 ton of lime dust/gravel, then ??100lbs of salt, and apply the dry polymer. Hopefully I can get a guy down the way with a big John Deer to spend a couple of hours packing down my 1/4 acre pond basin.

Thursday my well should be dug and maybe I can have it ready to pump by next week. I'm throwing everything, except bentonite, at the pond. There's no clay to be found nearby and water is the less pricey alternative if I can get the pond to seal somewhat. I pumped from 4" up to 15" of water today to see how bad it's leaking. (Edit: verified water loss at 2.25" a day; 6/11)

My hydro ram pump is really cool, pumps up about 16,000 gallons a month using only the energy from the flow, yet the spring quits when the weather turns hot/dry and pond water is needed the most. May be able to tweak more efficient use of the spring water in the future.

Doug of ponddoctors said the DB stuff is selling fast; will report soon!

Another update. Saturday June 13: Met Doug at his place yesterday, he had just received a fresh shipment of DB so I purchased 6 gal of dry DB-200 and 6 gal of wet DB-100. He gave me the $3 tour of his 2 ponds via golf cart; has big 10lb trout and aggressive BG. Monday/Tuesday goal; begin intalling a pump in my new 170' 6" diameter well. Wed/Thurs goal; spread 240lbs salt, 40+lbs of DB-200, 500lbs lime dust, and 500lbs bentonite. Friday, catch up day, I always get behind! Saturday, hopefully pump water. July is pond time.

Last edited by SoSauty; 06/13/09 08:56 PM. Reason: update

Self-educated rednecks, the real intelligentsia.