\:D \:D \:D

jeff, the cat and fish reminded me of the time our big tomcat joe came down the driveway one day and his mouth and face were all swollen up like he had a tennis ball in there......we thought immediately he'd been bitten by a rattler. as he came closer, we noticed a small thin wormy like thing hanging out of one side of his mouth. he was giving us a muffled meow as he approached (like he does when he brings gopher and jackrabbit treats to mom and dad).

he got up to our feet and we looked down and simultaneously as he opened his mouth out wiggled about a 2 foot long juvenile gopher snake (tail first), still alive and unharmed. we said "good buddy joe" and let the snake squirm off in the words......it was a sight.

i dont have much love for cats, but i'll tell you, i worked on him for several years, and this is the only one i've EVER known that could be trained NOT to kill birds, lizards, and snakes. i do not think this will be a replaceable feature in any other cat we (unfortunately) might own.

GSF are people too!