I've spent quite a bit of time learning about their product and how they apply it. As a matter of fact, Otto wrote a series of articles several years ago about different products and methods to deal with questionable soils and ESS-13 was one of the products he researched.
Jul-Aug 2006. PBoss Mag. ENVIRONMENAL SOIL SEALANT MAKING LEAKY SOIL TIGHT. Otto looks into the details of using ESS-13, a liquid polymer emulsion for sealing leaky soils.

Here's what I learned. The product is used in specific instances where soils lack enough clay to properly compact. The polymer attaches to marginal soils and compaction improves. Then, the pond must be filled in an organized way, usually by pumping, to protect the seal formed with ESS-13.
If soils are sandy or gravelly, the company reps will be the first to tell you the product may not be the best choice. From my research, Seepage Control should assess the situation and then apply the product to get guaranteed results.
I would struggle to call the product "garbage." ESS-13, like many, many products, must be used in the proper application or it won't work.
And, yes, Pond Boss won't take on an advertiser who doesn't meet our ethical standards. We always check out a potential advertiser before we take them on.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 01/16/17 02:47 PM.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...