thanks greg and ewest---i will follow that advice--do nothing, supplemental feed if need to, then fertilize if absolutely have to.---greg one reason i don't care if i get bass in there this year is if we go thru another dry season like we did in 2006 then i want the chance to see how the pond holds up--don't want to lose a bunch of fish due to low water conditions in the first year if i can help it.---maybe i will get more water during the summer than i anticipate this year has me a little timid on that issue--i sure hope we aren't seeing a trend develop with more weather like this past summer--nearly every pond around here either dried up or halfway dried up---the ponds that survived best were on flowing creeks--i did notice several people took advantage and cleaned out and deepened their ponds--yeck even my creek dried up--with these last rains i have a good bit in the deeper end already-- it already looks like i'll have to wade to put in my last couple of porcupines and add a couple of cedars. look forward to meeting both greg and frank in person soon.