greg---was just being lighthearted with my comments on gambusia. for example neither do i visualize a bass chasing one gambusia all over the pond then losing weight while chasing another all over the pond. after reading all the gambusia threads i just think i would agree with ML and theo that having a small fish in your pond that reproduces well and doesn't need replacing quite so often would be a great benefit. now where to find them i will have to research that as well. should i decide to try ewest fertilizer plan i have some prety steep slopes as i paid close attention to the advice here and uga + msu pond info. while being a pond rookie (especially on building/managing one) i am by no means a fishing rookie and have fished with people who knew tremendous amounts about ponds and fish and helped them with their ponds. i really have tried to do all of this the correct way. if i can find the gambusia i will add them and fatheads to help the bream out when i order from you and then later stock what bream/cats i get from state. waiting till spring 2008 to stock the bass is not a problem for me as i have many roads to travel between now and then. i'll call or email you with an order soon as my water permits. thanks for your assistance and sorry if my picking at you offended you---it's just my nature to tease folks.