Originally Posted By: rmedgar

"I thought about writing a book where people go back in time and are able to observe history in the making, but of course invisible to stay safe and not alter the time line. It would be complete with revelations that some of our history is revisionist and not accurate. Then of course the book would be made into a series complete with the observation of something different that was history making in each episode. If done well enough it could get school kids more interested in history."

Cecil, I think "LOST" stole your idea........

Nah not the same. That series was compelling though until they didn't know when to end it. At least in IMHO.The wife and I watched it through Net Flix but after a while it was like Jeeze it's like they are milking this thing for all it's worth and it keeps twisting and turning and never ends. Kind of like if you're doing a painting and you don't know when to quit.

And another thing about writing, plots etc... It's all be done before but it doesn't mean it can't be done again slightly differently and still be interesting. Just like there are only 7 major notes in a scale in music that doesn't meant we still can't come up with anything interesting.

Hey speaking of extinctions isn't it fascinating that 99 percent of all species that have existed on this planet have gone extinct? And the fact that DNA studies have shown that man nearly did so at one point as our numbers became very very small for some unknown reason.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 05/01/09 08:38 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.