I'm a new pond owner in VA and am overwhelmed with the info on this site. I'm about ready to stock and have a couple of questions. Any suggestions/help would be very much appreciated. Our pond is about 5 acres, 15' deep at its deepest and 4 feet at its most shallow. A small creek feeds it and we have installed a Vertex 2XL system. We want to end up with a clear fishing/swimming pond without too much ongoing maintenance. I've placed 10 conctete septic distribution boxes w/ multiple 2" holes in the bottom as initial structure.

My question; A hatchery I've been in contact with recommends the following per acre for new ponds.100 LMB, 500 red & blue gills, 100 striped yellow perch, 100 black & white crappie, 100 channel catfish, 100 breeder shiners, 100 rosey reds, 1000 fathead minnows, 100 snails, 100 creyfish, 100 tadpoles, 1000 daphnia, and 10 koi. The fish are 1-2" with the shinners 3-4". They suggest stocking these all at once to establish a natural balance. If this mix seems right I'd probably do it times 3...what do you think?