This is really a great subject as we try and figure out how the Gizzard Shad made it into our lake????????????? The million dollar question. We are a closed system, no other lake flows in, we flow out to the county drainage ditch, I will have to investigate next winter what other water bodies flow into the drainage ditch upstream (currently busy planning MY SUMMER OF FUN!). We know the drainage ditch valve was left open so the crappy water was coming in, that would be (1) guess. No. (2) would be an idiot used them for bait, No (3) at some point in the past they were in the mix when someone stocked the lake, No. (4) came in on a Swan, Duck, Heron, Cormorant, Seagull's feet? No. (5) like the idea of the birds dropping a fish here and there. And this is my question: We have 6 lakes within a one square mile area (some flow into each other)and our underground aquifer feeds all six lakes, can the fish travel through the underground springs into the lakes?
LOVE YOU GUYS, LOVE YOU GUYS, LOVE YOU GUYS!

Last edited by 2catmom; 04/05/09 07:50 AM. Reason: PLEASE DON'T WHACK THE HERONS, THEY ARE SO COOL!

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.